4 cup milk
5 tbsp rice
1 cinnamon stick
1-1/2 cups orange juice
1-1/2 cups dried mixed fruit
3 tbsp icing sugar
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
Oil for greasing
1. Mix the rice, milk and cinnamon stick in a pan and bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 1-1/2 hour or until no liquid remains.
2. In the same time, mix the dried fruit and orange juice in a pan and bring to a boil. Cover, and then simmer very gently for about one hour, until the fruit are tender and no liquid remain.
3. Remove the cinnamon stick from the rice and stir in the sugar and orange zest, mixing thoroughly. Put the fruit in a lightly oiled 6-1/2 cup ring mould.
4. Spoon the rice smoothing down firmly. Chill.
5. Run a knife around the edge of the mould and turn out the rice carefully onto a serving plate.